Wednesday 4 January 2012

New year, better year

Last year was rich in many ways even though it wasn't as bright and sunny as I had hoped. When looking back now I realize that it was nevertheless full of joy and happiness and I got to see and experience a wide spectrum of wonderful things. First of all we left our home in Finland and unpacked our stuff in England. Runs in the woods turned into runs in heaths, ice hockey into rugby, coffee into tea and right into left. I got my doctor's degree but became a housewife. This meant I got plenty of time to travel around and orienteer in foreign countries. I spent a lot of time here with wonderful company but enjoyed also lazy summer days here with my family. I got familiar with the British health & safety and learned to carry a whistle while I run. I found out that breakfast can be something else than porridge and milk but to my astonishment I also bumped into one familiar product in the breakfast board while far far away from home. I got to orienteer in terrains I've never been before and on maps I didn't knew existed. I fell in love with the Lake District and got astonished by the beauty of Northern Ireland and the English countryside. At the end of the year Sami's little brother got married and I almost made it to the Vogue.

Last year was great but I hope this year will be even better. To help out I've made some promises to myself that I try to keep. For example I've promised to rest enough (while simultaneously trying to train more and better). I've also promised to do some gymnastics on a daily basis to keep the body working and I will also try work on with my head to improve my performance level. Hopefully the future will turn out as this Chinese Coke bottle promises.