Monday 14 May 2012

EOC from the other side of the screen


I feel excited. I'm not even running there myself but I'm still quite excited about it. It's like WOC in Trondheim. Championships in beautiful Scandinavian terrain represent something special for me. Something you look forward to not only because it's a championship but also because you believe that it offers you something special. EOC2012 in fairytale forests of Dalarna is something I would really love to experience. But even on this side of the screen I feel quite excited. Excited to see the challenges Eva Jurenikova offers the other runners and excited to see how my fellow runners and teammates will do there.

In the meanwhile I've been trying to train hard myself to be better next time. So I've been orienteering in full speed and doing some strength training. I just spent an awesome weekend in Yorkshire Dales running first an urban event in Settle and Giggleswick, followed by a long distance in Klinsey North. It was a terrific weekend. Urban race served as excellent prolonged sprint training and Sunday's event in gorgeous limestone terrain offered adequately hills and details. First look on the map (see below) shocked me a bit but then I just started to run and got along well and really enjoyed it!