Wednesday 30 May 2012

Feeling happy


It's done now. Most of the basic training. June will include competing, peaking and further technical preparation. May was a good training month for me. In March I was still more focused on running and April involved slow and thorough adaptation to tougher terrains with various problems but May has been good and hopefully I'm now more ready to run faster also in terrain. I've trained my weaknesses and I've tried to do the best possible technical preparation in the prevailing circumstances. I've run two sprints, three prolonged sprints or so called urban events, six technical training sessions or events in tough, detailed terrains and two additional trainings in hilly, less detailed terrains. Most of them I've run at race pace or split them into intervals. It has worked fine and I'm quite happy with the past three weeks. 

Next I'm going to stay happy, give my tired legs a bit of rest and wait fitness to come out. My next Tour de Finland begins with SM-sprintti, continues with Tampere Games, and ends with Jukola. Looking forward to them all!

Here are a few of my recent maps and pics are from the same places.